11/9/15

Last November


I can't help but remember how I gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned whiter than the lies you'd been living for the past week

You said you loved me.
  
Maybe it's the fact that a year ago I was losing sleep writing notes to you, thinking about how you hate your ears and feeling your rocky, almost-there five o'clock shadow graze my cheek. But now I'm here; a mosquito petrified in the amber of fallen leaves. I'm laying in bed with burning eyes just to listen to the silent screaming wind that takes me back to those summer nights, the feel of wet cotton against my face and the overpowering claustrophobic weight of pure darkness.

9 comments:

  1. THE FIRST LINE IS STRAIGHT FIRE. AND SO IS THE LAST ONE. UUUHHHHH (Nelson grunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last november haunts me too. I am sorry you had something like this happen. It sucks... #lovedthisbutfeltmyownpainsoitwassad

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is not even one line in this post that i don't love.
    i need to print this out and frame it.
    remember the little people from your creative writing class when you become a famous poet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First line #stolen

    Also, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first line the first line the first line the first line the first line the first line

    The first line. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I'm a fan of short posts that pack a punch: well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is incredible. also your url is incredible.

    ReplyDelete