11/2/15

How to wake up on the wrong side of the bed

I woke up with my phone charger choking my wrist. 

Maroon Five was blasting at what seemed to be something near 140 decibels. (Sorry nobody wants to hear "misery" that early in the morning. Shoulda left that bad boy back in 2010.)


As I leaned over to shut up my bloody alarm clock, I put all of my weight on my creative writing notebook. It was spread wide open to the blank page of a poem I was too inspired not to write. My journal slipped out from under the pressure and my freaking face smashed the bed. Oh and not to mention all of my loose-leafed notes + notebook are now strewn across the ground.


"Ohhhhhhhhh my helllllllllllll" I mumbled to myself as I fumbled for the tiniest button to shut up flipping Adam Levine [luh-veen] noun: the somewhat sexy monster who disturbed my sleep. 

But I pushed the wrong button 4 times and in my frustration, I punched my clock like Muhammad Ali until I'd  either broken it, or by some kind of miracle, found the button that made my world go silent.


So good morning, world. Nice to see the glowing orange letters of my predecessor's consciousness. I don't know how I'll attack today but so far, today's attacked me and I've only been awake for 30 seconds.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    Welcome to the blogs. We've been waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the crap have you been all semester? This is amazing! I love how you painted this picture so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol of course you write about waking up in the wrong side of the bed. Kudos to you for a better first post than any of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang this is good. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Shoulda left that bad boy back in 2010."
    Haha this was a funny post

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha this was funny, the language you used cracked me up

    ReplyDelete