2/9/16

leave me be

My dreams made waking up a 
son-of-a. 
My dreams qualified rolling out of bed to be
a bitch.
I dreamed I was in Paris 
but I woke up in my bed

I looked in the mirror 
I looked everywhere but my eyes
because I didn't want to confirm the truth. 
I was not in Paris.
How could I be here? 
All the time I spent in Paris couldn't have been a dream.
It was too real to have been a dream

"It's ok",
I told myself. 
I tried to believe it was fate.
Being an ocean away
was supposed to prepare 
me for something. 
I knew it. 
But I wanted to crush
the breathing distance 
between me 
and the Eiffel Tower.

Take me there again. 
Make me feel 
Because there 
I found love and 
I don't know if it was for 
the flowers in the classroom or
the boy that sat in front of me.

There, 
I found that
creativity is my native language and 
sacking is my thing. 

There,
I conquered 
my fear of 
blank pages and 
black pens.

There. 
It was always there.
That was the only place 
I wanted to be. 

So please don't
wake me up next time.
Leave me be. 
Id rather live in a dream 
than wake up to a reality 
without
Paris






4 comments:

  1. I love your writing, you are so open and everything flows. I adore you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I dreamed I was in Paris but I woke up in my bed"

    ReplyDelete
  3. creativity is my native language"

    Great line!

    ReplyDelete